|Deze pagina bevat inhoud over functies die zijn bevestigd, maar nog niet aan het spel toegevoegd.
Deze functies zullen worden opgenomen in een toekomstige update.
In a live webcast on the Swedish gaming site feber.se Notch revealed that the Sky Dimension would "probably be a dream world" and that when "you go to bed there is a certain chance that you get teleported into the dream world instead. Then you will be able to do it on purpose later on."
The original concept of the Sky Dimension was later rebranded as "The End", a dark place fittingly referred to as the "end of the game", home to the Endermen and the Ender Dragon, and a total conversion of the original idea.
However, Notch tweeted much later that a different "Skylands" dimension probably is still in the making. This version, completely separate from the End, is now set to replace the original idea.
History[bewerken | brontekst bewerken]
The present implementation of the Sky Dimension was first announced when Notch tweeted a picture of the dimension. It was probably made to be like a "heaven," because the Nether was considered to be like a hell, and The End is similar to limbo and/or slip space. The Sky Dimension was not completely confirmed until Notch released an update via Twitter stating: "And because PC Gamer made such a big deal of the Sky Dimension, I guess I'll have to finish it. Consider it confirmed."
The Mod-Enabled Version[bewerken | brontekst bewerken]
In this version of the Sky Dimension, the build up of the world blocks-wise is very much like the Overworld, but it is always midday and it does not rain or snow (though cloud cover does appear as if it were raining). Although uncommon, it is possible to find Sugar Cane, Redstone, Lapis Lazuli, and more rarely Diamond. Like the normal world, you can also find Dungeons, Iron, Coal, and Gold. The only mobs that currently spawn in the sky dimension are chickens and very rarely cows and pigs. Below the islands of the Sky Dimension is nothing but the Void and a layer of clouds.
Bugs[bewerken | brontekst bewerken]
Originally, the Sky Dimension was hidden within the region 0 (Overworld) code. However, starting in Beta 1.9 Pre-release 3, it was given its own region: Region 2, Region 1 being the Nether. However, instead of Sky Dimension chunks spawning within its region, they would generate in the Overworld on Multiplayer servers. This is most likely due to an issue with map generation and saving causing Sky Dimension chunks to save over Overworld chunks rather than being made in their own, separate map files like the Nether does. If a world with Sky Dimension chunks is brought from Multiplayer to Singleplayer, the area of the chunks will always be Plains biome, even if snow generated naturally on the ground.
Gallery[bewerken | brontekst bewerken]
The first released screenshots of the Sky Dimension:
Videos[bewerken | brontekst bewerken]
Trivia[bewerken | brontekst bewerken]
- If the player selects a map while in the unfinished version of the Sky Dimension, their game will display the Saving Chunks screen and crash. This is because the current implementation of maps can't handle exposed sections of the Void.
- Maps work in the Sky Dimension in SMP. Parts of the Map that exposes the void appears as if it has been 'unmapped', with the beige colored checker pattern.
- The Sky Dimension is an inversion of The Nether, whereas the latter is basically a large cave with monsters and a massive open space within, the former are peaceful floating islands spawn surrounded by open space. The Nether may also be thought of as being a hell with The Sky Dimension being a heaven.
- The Sky Dimension, similar to the Nether, has weather disabled. This is likely explained by the fact that it is above the clouds.
- In The End the biome is "Sky". Most likely because Notch forgot to change the biome classification.
References[bewerken | brontekst bewerken]
- Gallery on imgur