|Deze pagina heeft vertaling nodig
Deze pagina bevat te veel woorden uit een andere taal.
Nether Forten, Taiga, Toendra en Paddestoelklimaten op lichtlevel 7 of minder
Wither Skeleten zijn gevaarlijke vijandige mobs die spawnen in Netherforten, Paddestoelklimaten, Toendra's en Taigagebieden. Wither skeletten zijn gevonden in the Nether in plaats van normale skeletons. In tegenstelling tot normale skeletten,, Wither skeletten gebruiken stone swords en zijn groter dan 2 blokken. Wanner je word geraakt zit je tijdelijk vast aan het Withereffect, wanneer Wither Skeletten dood gaan laten ze meestal kool of botten achter. Waat heel zeldzaam is is dat ze hun stone sworrd achterlaten of een Wither skull. They have a 1/40th chance of dropping either of these items. This chance will go up if you use a sword with a Looting enchantment. The skulls are the key items to creating the Wither boss.
Wither Skeletons, like all Nether mobs, are immune to fire and lava and are not damaged by daylight. Some Wither Skeletons can also pick up items, weapons, tools, and armor, similar to other undead-type monsters.
Verschijning[bewerken | brontekst bewerken]
Wither Skeletten spawnen van nature alleen in Netherforten (ook op de plekken waar een fort zou zitten voordat die aan het spel werden toegevoegd, omdat hun spawnplek bepaald wordt door de locatie van het fort, niet door het fort zelf). Het type blok waar de Wither Skeletten op spawnen maakt niet uit als het om natuurlijk spawnen gaat (dat wil zeggen dat als de blokken van een Netherfort vervangen worden door andere blokken, de skeletten er nog steeds zullen spawnen). Wither Skeletten volgen voor het spawnen dezelfde regels als normale skeletten: ze spawnen bij een lichtniveau van level 7 of minder op de plek waar hun onderste helft zal staan.
Wanneer ze in de Nether worden gebruikt, zorgen de spawn eieren van Skeletten in 80% van de gevallen dat er een Wither Skelet spawnt in plaats van een normale. Voor spinnen geldt dat als die spawnen in de Nether, door een spawn ei of een mob spawner, er een kans van 0,8% is dat er een Wither Skelet Ruiter spawnt in plaats van een normale spin. Niet al die Skelet Ruiters zullen Wither Skeletten zijn.
Bevechten[bewerken | brontekst bewerken]
Wither Skeletons are tough mobs to fight due to their high attack strength (9HP on normal), their ability to inflict the Wither effect, their ability to move faster than other mobs, and the probability of them being near a Blaze. Their biggest weakness is that they cannot pass through a two block high passage because of their height, much like Endermen.
If an Iron Golem is not an option it is advised that the player treat the Wither skeleton as they would a Zombie, albeit with far more care. If you attack and move backwards at the same time you should not have any trouble avoiding damage provided you have some room to maneuver. If you have your back to a wall spam attacking should be enough to kill a single Wither Skeleton without taking damage. If you have your back to a wall and are facing more than one Wither Skeleton it is strongly advised that you move to a position where you have room to maneuver as the Wither Skeletons move slightly faster than zombies and so more easily overwhelm you. Sniping with a bow is also effective although it is not recommended at under 10 blocks away (without a punch enchantment) as Wither Skeletons move surprisingly fast.
A Zombie Pigman deals the same amount of damage as a Wither Skeleton, and they attack in groups, which Wither Skeletons do not do, so if you're not sure if you're up for fighting a Wither Skeleton, try practicing on some Zombie Pigmen first.
If you find yourself facing a Blaze at the same time the best course of action is to move into a place inaccessible for the blaze -such as a corridor- and then proceed in taking the above steps to kill the Wither Skeleton. If this is not possible it is suggested that the player run out of range of the blaze and turn to face the Wither skeleton. It is strongly advised that inexperienced players do not face both mobs at the same time as this often leads to death, but for more experienced players willing to face both you should either; deal with the blaze first by charging at it with a sword (do not use a bow as you will be exposed to attack) and then turning and facing the Wither Skeleton or (more recommended) putting the Wither Skeleton between yourself and the Blaze so as to use its body as a shield against the Blaze's fireball attack, and then charging the Blaze once it is dead.
Like all mobs, Wither Skeletons can travel through a Nether Portal. This means that if you put a Nether Portal inside the Nether Fortress, and maneuver yourself to that the portal is between you and the Wither Skeleton (or any other hostile mob), the Wither Skeleton will travel towards you but teleport into the overworld.
Invisibility potions will allow you to fight a Wither Skeleton with ease.
You can also build partial walls in a nether fortress that fall down from the ceiling and leave a walkway two blocks high. Wither skeletons can't move through two block high spaces so building such structures limits their mobility, and will allow you to damage them with impunity.
If a wither skeleton is able to acquire a bow, it will use it to shoot at you. Any arrows it shoots will be on fire, and will cause you to catch fire, regardless of the bow's enchantments. It is not recommended to allow a wither skeleton access to a bow.
Depending on your display settings, it may be possible to see your hearts' edges showing you the amount of HP left when suffering the wither effect.
Geschiedenis[bewerken | brontekst bewerken]
|1.4.2||12w36a||Added Wither Skeletons.|
|12w38b||Wither Skeletons spawn more frequently.|
|1.4.4||Wither Skeletons will now sprint towards the player.|
Fouten[bewerken | brontekst bewerken]
- Because of their shared entity ID with skeletons, their behavior is similar, such as their hitboxes are the same as skeletons, along with other characteristics like heading away from sunlight despite that they cannot catch fire. Also, the Wither Spider Jockey is a glitch, because of their behavior, and only exist in Creative mode through spawn eggs.
- Rarely, when the Wither Skeleton is pushed in a minecart into the lava, it will float in the air, seeming to "jump" in there. The glitch will cause the skeleton to disappear within a minute.
- Because Wither Skeletons have the same entity ID as skeletons, they sometimes spawn in two-block-high spaces of Nether forts that are too short for them, causing them to suffocate.
Trivia[bewerken | brontekst bewerken]
- The drop rate for the wither skeleton skull is 1/40 (2.5%).
- A normal skeleton will spawn in a Nether Fortress instead of a Wither Skeleton 20% of the time.
- Wither Skeletons wield stone swords, yet there is no natural stone in the Nether.
- Their drop of coal makes it possible to craft fire charges without leaving the Nether, a way to reignite a portal, should a Ghast destroy the portal you came through.
- This also means that coal is a renewable resource.
- Wither skeletons could be seen as to skeletons as cave spiders are to regular spiders, because they both are a mob-variant and have a special player-damaging after-effect. However, unlike cave spiders, they have weaknesses compared to skeletons.
- It is a common misconception that the Wither effect gives Wither Skeletons health back when it actually only damages the player.
- Wither skeletons, as with zombies, zombie pigmen, and regular skeletons, will sometimes wear pumpkins on Halloween (October 31st).
- If a wither skeleton is wielding a bow, it will use it like an ordinary skeleton, but the arrows it shoots will be set on fire. This happens whether or not the bow has the Flame enchantment.
- Wither Skeletons burn in the sun, but don't die, due to being a nether mob, similar to Zombie Pigmen.
- Wither Skeletons are one of the three mobs that carry a weapon by default, the other two being the Skeleton and the Zombie Pigman.
- Ironically, Wither Skeletons aren't immune to the Wither effect.
- Wither skeletons are among the only 6 mobs not having spawn eggs (the others being the Iron Golem, Snow Golem, Wither, Giant and the Ender Dragon), due to their shared ID with normal skeletons.
- Wither skeletons are one of the four mobs that give a debuff to the player. The other three being the Wither, the Cave spider and the Witch.